Thursday, July 1, 2010

Should I go to Italy


Should I go to Italy?
My school choir is going to Italy (about 100+ people going). I have had some drama with some friends in the class last year (I am a sophomore now). I'm one of those people who is uncomfortable leaving home for awhile unless I'm really comfortable with the people/person I'm going with. Anyways, my best friend Claire who I'm really comfortable with joined choir this year and there was a possibility that she would be coming to Italy with me. She got on the waiting list, but then I found out her parents aren't going to let her go. I know Italy is a one in a lifetime oppurtunity (I've never been out of the country), but I am afraid I'll be in a situation where I'm going to want to come home (considering I don't have any other close friends in that class I could confide in, etc) and Italy is too far for my parents to come pick me up.... What should I do? Thanks so much! :) There is no persuading her parents, Claire has already written letters, and offered to pay 1000 dollars (about half the cost of the trip).
Friends - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Try and persuade Claire's parents, and in the time space of when you go to italy, try to get close to some people. You'll be alright, GO! Once in a lifetime opportunity!
2 :
Just be yourself. It doesn't matter if it's good enough for someone else.