Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Trip to Italy and Greece a no go


Trip to Italy and Greece a no go?
So im American and im set to go to italy and greece this june with my school. my parents are worried because of the recent news that has been in the paper about the two places. I was wondering if anyone who has been there recently or lives in either places could tell me if they think its a safe place to visit at the moment. Or anyone else who would like to say something. Im looking for different opinions so any replys are great. Thank you. They read some articles about riots. I havent read them myself but i have seen them in the papers.
Other - Europe - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Italy and Greece are safe. I'm not sure what articles they read, but it was probably grossly exaggerated. Of course there is some crime, but nothing to worry about, as it will most likely not affect tourists (Apart from pickpocketing. You'll be absolutely fine if you are with your school, so there's nothing to worry about. they wouldn't take schoolchildren to a dangerous country.
2 :
greece was kicking off something rotten recently but i think the target was the government not u.s. schoolchildren so i'd have thought you'd be alright. it was centered around the places populated by working greeks as opposed to tourist areas and i think it's calmed down now anyway. of course, if like me you love a good riot...
3 :
I'm sure they are perfectly fine countries to go visit as a U.S. student going on a school trip.