Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Do I need to renew my passport


Do I need to renew my passport?
Ok, so I'm going on a cruise to the Bahamas at the end of June. I got a passport in 2008 when I went on a trip to Italy with my school. I was 16 at the time, and now I am 18. My passport is not going to expire this year, but since I turned 18 do I need to renew it? I'm not sure about the passport regulations but I definitely don't want to leave for my cruise and realize that my passport is not valid. Thanks!
Other - Destinations - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you've been 16 at the time your U.S. passport was issued it was an adult passport which is valid until 2018 and may be used until it expires. Getting 18 does not require you to get another passport, unless you are a citizen of India and have asked the question on Y!A U.S. instead of Y!A India by mistake.. Source(s): http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/fri/faq/faq_1741.html#gen9 ..
2 :
Passports are good until the expiration date on them, regardless of your age.
3 :
Your passport has an expiration date, which will answer your question. Until it is expired, it is valid. Go have a great cruise!