Friday, January 16, 2009

Is 'loneliness' getting the better of me


Is 'loneliness' getting the better of me?
I understand that there are plenty of these questions that i simply know everyone here on yahoo answers just love to answer! (sarcasm) To the point, I am a guy currently in my second year of college, am 19 and feeling well all around with upbeat optimism for great things to come in the future. Yet sometimes when I keep telling myself this, I cannot just fathom the fact that beyond the point that I've been able to meet many girls here in college, most of whom have given me a open chance and have become great friends - most of which have told me I'm in great shape and look good -, I haven't really built any sincere relationship with anybody. What astonishes me is that at the most, I've had the most opportunities to be in a nice relationship with a girl that seems nice and happened to genuinely appreciate me for who I am, I simply cannot push myself to take that extra step that I am just so cluelessly afraid of. Which is having the balls to just tell a girl that is obviously into me - or at least interested - out on some friendly random date. The only few times that I did this was back in DoDDs High School in Italy were there was this girl I really liked and used to hang out a lot together but then moved away. Then came the news of her b*tching about her boyfriends abuses and her always getting back with him. I guess this might be part of where the trauma? I don't know, maybe I do but am not willing to admit? anyway, here I am, cant sleep, can't eat... hell I can't even do anything. I feel that everything good that has happened to me is all a failure because I haven't been able to connect with anybody socially to a level that I'm forcing myself to be. Having to move from country to country most of my childhood - dad's in the U.S. navy - I've never been able to build life long friends and Its getting to me a lot more that I thought I would a few years back. I need a pat on the back or a slap of reality on what to do from some of you guys. Just give it to me straight and let me know. Best heartfelt answer gets best answer. :) Oh and if it helps, I might attempt to ask this girl out on Friday. scared shitless but I don't know what I'll actually do. I don't know, but for what it's worth, I am really trying to be happy. OK people what do you HONESTLY think?
Singles & Dating - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Man makes holy what he believes, as he makes beautiful what he loves. http://rasynoruwu.freehostyou.com/uruqus.html includes the reply to your own issue
2 :
ok first off college is the best place to meet girls...classes..dorms..parties..once you are out of college, in the work place..its def harder...so use it to your advantage...you said girls have given you open chances and have told you, you look good..those are obvious signs...even if they arent interested in you for a relationship and only as friends, you should at least be happy with that because guess what?? they got girl friends who could be interested...and if you get shot down by one girl, who cares? college is filled with alot of them..if the second girl says yes, you're going to forget the fact tha the first one rejected you..you cant make a big deal out of it..just ask the girl on friday if she wants to hang out..grab dinner or watch a movie...if she does cool...if she doesnt, thats cool too..its not the end of the world...give it a shot