Sunday, October 24, 2010

I'm moving to Australia with my 2 young children(both in primary school)


I'm moving to Australia with my 2 young children(both in primary school)?
their father lives in italy and i'd like the kids to spend 6 months at school here in europe and 6 months in OZ.does anyone know if this is possible?would the school let me do it?thanks
Other - Australia - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I assume you're not Australian, then you will need a suitable visa. As you will have to support yourself you will also need a work permit. Right now residence visas and work permits are virtually impossible to get. I doubt the Australian Government will let you in as you would be a drain on resources and will give nothing back. Now if you were a brain surgeon it might be different. The fact that's the children have an Italian father is not going to help. Ian M
2 :
Well, I do know an Irish lady here in QLD who comes to AUS for 6 months and then goes back to Ireland for 6 months and she has two children that are in primary school and they go to two schools each year but they are the same schools each year. I would love to spend 6 mos here in AUS and 6 months in the USA ( I am an American citizen ) but even if I could work that out financially, I think it would be tough on the my two kids.